I’m in a funk tonight, not being as productive today as I want to have been or feel I should have been and feeling lonely and sorry for myself because of it.
But taking a cup of hot tea, a glass of Kahlua and cream, my soft old coat and my new cashmere scarf onto the porch, I find myself in a near trance as I slowly place one song after another on my iPod into a mix of songs.
The flow of sound, mixture of voices, and my mood shift ever so slightly as I progress. The mix begins to feel like a story or a journey and I discover things about the music that I’ve never heard before.
I find a small window of peace as I look at the stars, feel the cool Easterly wind on my face, and try to find epiphany within.
It’s a work in-progress, but so far I have:
- “Nightcall” by Kavinsky and featuring Lovefoxxx
- “Wrong (Thin White Duke Remix)” by Depeche Mode
- “The Fly” by Gavin Friday (cover of U2)
- “The Rip” by Portishead
- “Rabbit In Your Headlights” by UNKLE featuring Thom Yorke
- “Single (Photek Remix)” by Everything But The Girl
- “Days Go By (Acoustic)” by Dirty Vegas
- “Hey, Jupiter (Dakota Version)” by Tori Amos
- “The Wanderer” by Johnny Cash and U2
- “Under Your Spell” by Desire
- “Your Woman” by White Town
Where should the journey go next?